The publisher website (e.g. Cambridge) I’m looking at off campus has an institutional login option, but I do not see the University of Montana listed or it’s there, but the login doesn’t seem to work. How do I get access?


Some publisher sites offer an institutional login mechanism, others may not. Due to this inconsistency, we tell users to go through the library website to access materials to ensure they are properly authenticated through our server. We apply a link prepend to resources so that users are prompted to enter a NetID when they go to access a resource. The Databases page includes details about what we license and any use instructions for specific resources.

LibKey Nomad is a browser extension that UM licenses to help users with research workflows. It is designed to make sure you are associated with the University of Montana and logged in, as you search the web as a remote user. It clearly flags content that we license and provides a route to make interlibrary loan requests for material not owned by the library.

  • Last Updated Apr 29, 2024
  • Views 4
  • Answered By

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0 0